Time for a Miserable Holiday Stories update! Here are some random answers to questions that no one was really asking.
- MHS is now up on Nook and Smashwords.
- The Nook and Smashwords versions have different Easter egg stories than the one on Amazon. (And Amazon’s had two so far.) So, floating out there on the internet – I’m not saying “on the webs” – doesn’t that sound awful? – there are four different Easter egg stories.
- Honestly, they’re not even really all “stories”. Well, a couple of them are pretty much stories. But a couple of them are just extended bits. All run a half-page or so. So, quantity-wise they’re all pretty equal. They’re all pretty equal quality-wise, too, actually. So no harm, no foul.
- All of the pieces are, at least, winter-themed, if not holiday-themed. Because I know that’s really important.
- The names of the pieces are: “Too Much Snow”, “Norelco Electric Shaver”, “Santas on the Subway”, and “Blizzard”.
- One of them is a particular favorite. But they’re all pretty good, in my opinion. I feel no shame in offering up any of them, and my goal was to make them all fairly equal in worth.
One question that some people have actually asked:
- Yes, I did the cover myself.
- The cover at the top, btw, was planned to be the cover for quite a long time, until about a day before we published – at which point it was pointed out that this would look way too small in the thumbnails that Amazon so often uses. Hence, the current cover with the really big fonts.
Hmm. What else?
- Got some nice reviews on Amazon. Hey!
- (Feel free to add your own!)
- The book remains vaguely readable, despite the fact that the holidays are over. In other words, many of the stories will most likely still depress you, 24/7/365. But having a pumpkin latte nearby may add to the overall misery quotient.)
- I’m now on Twitter! @promonmars Please say hi!